How do I use the Trade Assurance service?
1) Find a participating supplier
Look for suppliers with the Trade Assurance icon .
2) Negotiate with the supplier
Agree on the Trade Assurance coverage type. We offer two different coverage types: post-delivery coverage and pre-shipment coverage. Please pay attention to the difference in the payment amount covered and the quality coverage caused by selecting different coverage types:
- Post-delivery coverage: Your actual total payment is covered. If the quality does not match the standards in your contract, you will be eligible for a refund within 15 days of clearing customs
- Pre-shipment coverage: Only your actual initial payment is covered. If the quality does not match the standards in your contract you will be eligible for a refund only before shipment
3) Start order/draft contract
Place an order on Alibaba.com by clicking "Start Order" or by asking the supplier to draft a Trade Assurance contract. You can upload a PI or place an order online by filling in the order details in the message center.
- Enter the product details and shipping information
- Choose one coverage type for your order
- Make an initial payment if you and your supplier have agreed on all order details
For further details on how to use Trade Assurance click here.
Is this information useful?