What is the service fee of Trade Assurance?
Trade Assurance service is free.
But customers need to pay some service fees, and it includes 2 types:
1) payment processing fee on buyer when making payment, charged by bank;
2) service fee on seller after payment received, charged by Alibaba.com.
1) Payment processing fee on buyer: bank will charge you a small amount as processing fee when you make payent, and fee varies with payment method.
2.95% of payment (deducted automatically when buyer makes payment) for order placed from Jun.4, 2018 onward, and 2.4% for older ones
Payment arrives immediately after payment success from Aug.2, 2018 onward
Buyer makes payment online
Free from Dec.15, 2017 to March 31, 2019.
After that, fee is US $15 per transaction (deducted automatically when the buyer makes payment)
4-5 working days
Depends on region and banks. Contact your bank for details
3-7 working days
To be protected by Trade Assurance, please pay to the supplier's Citibank account （listed on the order detail page）designated by Alibaba.com. You can go to the Order Details page to view the Citibank account
2) Service fee on seller: after payment received, alibaba.com might charge some service fee on seller, not on buyer.
a. for order amount≤USD5000: seller needs to pay 5% for wholesale products; 1% or 2% for custom products (1% -order must be shipped via Alibaba logistics service，2% -order is not shipped via Alibaba logistics service)；
b. for order amount>USD5000: no service fee on seller, and order must be exported via One Touch.
1. If you are charged more than the above fees, please check with your bank if they also deduct fees when you pay.
2. Since the transaction fees are charged by the bank, there is no document or invoice for the fees.
What are the payment methods and fees of Trade Assurance order?
Is this information useful?